We like to remind our applicants that this is an office internship where you will see more what happens inside of a state agency film commission. We bring productions to the state and help with pre-production, but we do not produce content and are usually not involved on set or with active production. If there is a project in town, we will make every effort to have an on set day, but it is not guaranteed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee messages from the Virginia Film Office general e-mail inbox
- Manage the VFO website Hotline; create and post industry announcements
- Research special requests made by VFO staff or production companies regarding such things as Virginia locations, state and regional services, or referring other film resources
- Organize and enhance existing research for film location files, which includes assisting the VFO in uploading and maintaining proper database records and possibly scouting new locations for the library
- Learning about and executing script analysis and location breakdowns
- Assisting with welcome packets for incoming projects and film festivals
- Helping to maintain the Film Office Instagram page
- Participate in office activities such as organization and helping to compose or edit newsletters, reports, press releases, photocopying and responding to inquiries as needed.