The Contract Coordinator will provide professional support to members of the Legal Affairs department. Specific duties include preparing, revising, reviewing and tracking legal documents, performing trademark searches and management, database maintenance, and undertaking a variety of both complex and routine duties requiring knowledge and understanding of legal documentation and process. Interest or experience in the areas of business law, marketing and intellectual property rights management is preferred
- Prepare initial drafts of and make revisions to legal agreements and documents to be reviewed by attorneys, for various departments within National Geographic Partners.
- Assist attorneys with trademark searches and maintenance of extensive international trademark portfolio and ensure filing deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Help maintain legal files, records and reports; suggest improvements to departmental administrative processes and procedures.
- Administrative assistance may be required from time to time, including, scheduling meetings, conference calls, seminars, etc. and compiling, preparing and distributing of materials for the same
- Assist with various Legal Affairs projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in an office or administrative setting.
- Requires superb oral and written communication skills.
- Must be very detail oriented, extremely organized, self-motivated, and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess advanced skill in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and database applications.
- Excellent research skills in addition to proficiency in interpretation of legal texts; ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
For more information and application, click here