The Challenge: Write, shoot and edit a short film in 48 hours given a required character, prop, line of dialogue and genre just before the clock starts!
Richmond’s favorite filmmaking event returns as part of a global tour where over 100 cities around the world compete to see who can make the best short film in just 48 hours! The winner from each city wins some cool prizes and their film moves on to compete against the world at Filmapalooza in March 2024 in… Lisbon, Portugal!
Richmond’s filmmaking weekend takes place July 14-16, and registration opens soon on May 9!
Put your team together, grab your gear, find your locations, and get ready for a wild, sleepless weekend of filmmaking fun!
Other dates to know and save:
- Thursday, May 18 – How to 48: a Best Practices Workshop f/ Will Sidaros
- Thursday, June 22 – Audition – Need actors for your film? Want to audition to be in a film?
- Friday, July 14 – Filmmaking Weekend Kickoff
- Sunday, July 16 – Virtual Film Dropoff
- Sunday, July 23 – Premiere Screenings of all films
- Saturday, July 29 – Best of Richmond Screenings & Awards
For more information and to register your team, click HERE.