WTKR/WGNT, The E.W. Scripps station in Norfolk, Virginia is searching for a Manager of Enterprise Content, who will be responsible for the planning and execution of enterprise news stories across all platforms. This position requires local content vision and strategy to address consumer needs, content standards, delivery, quality control and continuous improvement. The ideal candidate understands the logistics, deadlines and inner workings of the newsroom and will further our station’s mission to tell stories that are important to the people who live, work and play in Coastal Virginia and Northeast North Carolina. When you’re not coordinating impactful journalism, you can enjoy the beautiful beaches, harbors, parks and hiking trails our community offers, with more than 210 days of sunshine each year!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Collaborates with other newsroom managers to leverage the Scripps content strategy as the foundation for market-specific local content strategy. Within the strategy, this position has specific attention on leading a team of people to regularly and reliably produce targeted enterprise and investigative stories of impact and importance to our community.
- Partners with colleagues to plan daily and future stories for publication on all platforms, including working closely with anchors, reporters, photojournalists, assignment desk and managers on story development and logistics.
- Responsible for keeping the planned content calendar up to date to ensure shoot, write and edit deadlines are met.
- Creates strategies, tactics and measurements to ensure the quality and quantity of the stories our journalists produce meet our standards and drive audience to all our platforms, including identifying and tracking follow up stories.
- Works with the team to ensure advance planning is in alignment with daily needs to address real-time news.
- Works closely with Scripps legal counsel to ensure stories, teases, social posts and all other related elements are vetted for accuracy and legal.
- Monitors all product on all platforms for compliance to federal, state and local laws as well as First and Fourteenth Amendments, and trains staff to do the same.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelors degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- 3 years of experience in digital media, journalism, broadcast or a closely-related field preferred.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Linked to local market at some point in background is preferred.
- Experience conceiving and executing multi-platform projects is preferred.
- Experience leading content creation teams on a minimum of 2 platforms preferred.
- Experience acquiring audience with a demonstrated pattern or track record of success preferred.
- Experience managing brand preferred.
MORE INFO and APPLY HERE – https://www.cynopsis.com/tv-digital-sports-jobs/?oly_enc_id=5345J0819412I6Z