The part-time Production Assistant (roughly 20 hours per week) will wear numerous hats in the company, taking on tasks such as office management, scheduling, logistics, coordinating gear rentals, arranging travel, note-taking, and other duties as needed. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and a self-starter, eager to identify areas in our day-to-day administration that can be improved. The Production Assistant will also be tasked with improving Bard Tales Production’s social media and marketing presence, helping prepare for shoots, assisting on set, and helping to keep our post-production process organized. Some travel may be required as well. Partial telework opportunities available in the future.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Film or related field preferred
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office suite required, Adobe photoshop a plus)
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to research and learn new skills as tasks require
- Working vehicle and current driver’s license
- Professional demeanor and skilled in customer service
- Social media marketing skills a plus
Bard Tales Productions is a full service, boutique production company based in Northern Virginia. They service a wide range of broadcast, corporate, non-profit, and political clients, and are a leader in 360°/virtual reality video production. Their company is made up of a mix of a small full-time staff and a core group of freelancers. They are excited to say that the company is growing quickly and are looking for additional help both around the office and on set to meet increased demand. In addition to serving our clients, they are also currently developing two independent narrative projects and continue to invest in new cutting-edge camera technology, offering numerous fun opportunities to their future Production Assistant.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Production Assistant job”