Job summary: We are looking for an actor to play the role of “the Dad” in a deck home improvement commercial. Below, you will find a description of the character, audition instructions, and more information including pay rate.
• Title: Deck home improvement commercial
• Production Date: 1 morning shoot will be scheduled between 7/11/23 to 7/30/23. A second morning shoot will be scheduled post-July.
• Production Location: Home in Midlothian, Virginia.
• Pay: $400. Non-union. Private.
CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: “The Dad”
• Male, mid-30’s
• Classy Humor / Goofy (in facial expressions and body language)
• Everyday dad type
• Fit / Athletic
• Short hair style
• Beard (or able to grow one)
• Must be able to perform comedically
SUBMIT AN AUDITION TAPE (via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org):
Below is a scene description to help you understand the context. While there are 2 other scenes, this scene is the most important. (Note: there will be NO dialogue in the script)
Imagine you are in your kitchen getting your day started with a warm cup of coffee. The light of the sunrise through the windows presents a warm atmosphere. You’re dressed comfortably in a t-shirt and pajama pants. Your wife and kid are still asleep. All in all, it’s the perfect morning and it’s great to be alive!
The birds are chirping outside, so you open the door to your back porch and step outside ONLY TO STEP ON A SPLINTER because your porch is so old! You scream! [end scene]
The scream and facial expression are the most important elements to our script. The performance must be delivered comedically and we will be evaluating auditions based on comedic delivery.
Consider actors who’ve played lovable goofballs on-screen.
• Daniel Stern (Marv) in Home Alone 2
• Steve Carrell in The Office
• Will Ferrell in Old School
• Chris Pratt in Parks & Rec
More information can be given after your audition is received.
You can expect a response within 48 hours!