World Central Kitchen, Inc. (WCK) seeks a talented and committed part-time Assistant Video Editor to join the organization’s growing Communications Department. Part of an amazing Communications team, the successful candidate must have a deep dedication to World Central Kitchen’s mission, possess excellent video creation and editing skills, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have a demonstrated ability to provide key administrative support in managing media content. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic storytelling team focused on bringing WCK’s mission to audiences around the world.
This role reports directly to the Content Director and will work closely with WCK’s Communications Team and WCK’s external core video team, What Took You So Long?. It is a part-time non-exempt position working approximately 3 days (24 hours) per week, all in-person at our DC office.
- Support both pre- and post-production in a variety of short-form video projects
- Support the post-production of video content for final films.
- Proactively pitch ideas based on creative new storytelling opportunities using our archives
- Uphold WCK’s media style and branding, ensuring consistency and a high-quality standard across all projects
- Edit together stringout footage for press, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Ensure we receive hard drives of all photo and video footage when shooting is complete
- Support Content Director to provide direction for footage and stories
- Manage production of video projects
- Maintain, organize, and catalog WCK’s archive of footage and media
- Assist the Communications Team including by managing the organization’s YouTube channel
Key Qualifications & Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in video editing
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere
- Familiarity with Adobe Lightroom and Kyno
- Excellent communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with quick turnaround times
Preferred candidates will also have related experience in a non-profit, be able to communicate in Spanish, and have prior experience in the field during relief operations.
Application & Cover Letter
This application requires a cover letter that explains your interest in this position and in working for WCK. Applications without a letter will not be considered. Please include your letter in one pdf document with your resume.
Competitive compensation, an opportunity to grow, and a great place to work where your contributions make a difference!
WCK is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion and diversity and to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment at this time.
More Info and Apply here – https://apply.workable.com/world-central-kitchen/j/067FBD2CA6/