|7 News in Washington, DC has an immediate opening for an energetic, creative, smart Newscast Producer. They are looking for someone who loves coming to work each day with great energy to create unpredictable, fast paced, breaking news driven newscasts. You must be a strong communicator who is good with people because you will work closely with Managers, Anchors, Reporters, Directors, and our Assignment Desk. Our Producers are editorial leaders and are required to pitch story ideas to create impactful “7 On Your Side” brand content.
Producers must understand the value of a digital first news strategy. You will work closely with our digital team, utilizing social media in newsgathering and engaging with our viewers during newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
· Solid news judgment
· Must be calm and confident under pressure
· Aggressive digital and social media skills
· Be a compelling and accurate writer
· Be able to multi-task and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
· Pay attention to detail
· Must have strong leadership skills
· Excellent communication skills
· The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
· Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
· Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
· Must have at least 2 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
· Journalism degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
|Apply Online URL: