Are you a dedicated and driven news producer? As a Producer with the PBS NewsHour, you will focus on the facts, reporting all sides of the story and help them carry on their legacy of providing solid, reliable, and balanced reporting. You will be their point person on Capitol Hill, developing relationships with members of Congress and their staffs, and you’ll be working on a variety of other topics as well.
As their main producer on Capitol Hill, you will:
- Generate innovative story ideas
- Manage, plan and produce news and feature content for their nightly news broadcast and digital platforms
- Contribute to and support production of other online content
- Shoot Capitol Hill stories – Assignments will range from on-camera interviews to standups to b-roll.
- The ability to shoot and edit using non-linear editing programs
- Exceptional creative, verbal and writing skills
- Can work closely and collaboratively with colleagues under deadline pressure
- Master organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with an eye for detail
- A rich knowledge of politics and experience reporting on national politics
- A minimum 4 years of experience working in broadcast journalism/bachelor’s degree/equivalent combination of training and experience
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- 403(b)/Roth and outstanding company match program
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement and loans
For a full job description or to apply through their online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit their websites for their current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.