We are looking for an energetic, forward-thinking Program Director to oversee the growth of Light House Studio’s programming for young filmmakers. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to supporting youth development, and be a motivational supervisor working with local filmmakers and staff on program and curriculum development, school and community outreach, artistic creation, and workshop evaluation.
- Five years’ professional experience in video/film production, including specialization in one or more of the following (documentary, animation, or narrative filmmaking).
- Holds a relevant bachelor of fine arts or master of fine arts degree (film/video or related field). Teaching experience is preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Experienced operator of consumer, prosumer, and professional sound, video, and lighting equipment.
- Proficiency with industry standard software including FCPX, Premiere, and Photoshop. After Effects and Illustrator preferred.
- Program and project budget experience.
- Create, supervise, and teach filmmaking programs.
- Develop filmmaking curricula and coordinate schedules for tuition-based and non-tuition-based programs including summer camps, special skills workshops, freelancer initiative, and community outreach. Collaborate with Executive Director, Production Manager, & Lead Teaching Artist to evaluate and refine program effectiveness.
- Manage program budget and develop program offerings to achieve annual tuition goals.
- Ensure effective selection, training, and support of Light House Teaching Artists, Interns, and other volunteers. Prepare workshops with other Teaching Artists. Manage and evaluate Teaching Artist performance. Partner with Production Manager & Lead Teaching Artist to hire Teaching Artists for new programs.
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade equipment including, but not limited to, cameras, lights, microphones, computers, and software.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at the studio.
- Partner with Executive Director, Board and Board committees to determine and implement appropriate policies and plans.
- Attend meetings with the Light House Staff and other organizations about potential projects. Liaise with Executive Director and Engagement Director making recommendations for grant writing efforts.
- Collaborate with staff on marketing and advertising. Promote programming at schools and community events.
- Attend Board Meetings when requested.
Please send cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and samples of creative work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary DOE. No calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled.