LEAD TEACHING ARTIST
- Teach tuition-based and non-tuition-based programs including summer camps, special skills workshops, and community outreach programs. Work with Executive Director and Education Director to develop and enhance programs and evaluate program effectiveness. Collaborate with Education Director to manage program scheduling, equipment usage, and logistics. Provide program budgets when requested. Serve as a program teaching artist.
- Work with Education Director and Executive Director to support the Freelancers initiative.
- Work with Education Director to prepare workshops for other Teaching Artists and Assistant Teaching Artists. Evaluate Teaching Artist performance. Liaise with Education Director when hiring Teaching Artists for new programs and make recommendations.
- Collaborate with Executive Director, Engagement Director, and Production Manager to support marketing and development efforts. Create video content for marketing purposes.
- Support Youth Film Festival by preparing introduction, corporate sponsor thank you film(s) and line-up of films for the show.
- Attend meetings with the Executive Director, Education Director and other organizations about potential projects. Liaise with Executive Director making recommendations for grant writing efforts.
- Promote Light House programs by visiting schools and attending community events.
- Support Education Director with social media updates by providing a weekly “update from the field”. Recommend films for the Light House Vimeo, YouTube, website, and for Film Festival submissions.
- Make equipment purchase recommendations.
- Attend Board meetings when requested.
- Five years’ professional experience in video/film production, including specialization in one or more of the following (documentary, animation, or narrative filmmaking).
- Holds a relevant bachelor of fine arts or master of fine arts degree (film/video or related field). Teaching experience is preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Experienced operator of consumer, prosumer, and professional sound, video, and lighting equipment.
- Proficiency with industry standard software including FCPX, Premiere, and Photoshop. After Effects and Illustrator preferred.
- Marketing experience a bonus.
Please send cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and samples of creative work to email@example.com. Salary DOE. No calls please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled.