Sign up here as spots are filling quickly: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f4faead29a6f94-equestrian7
Back by Popular Demand – And client need! SEVERAL SESSIONS OFFERED!
March 24th: Options of 9am, 11:30am, or 2pm
March 25th: Options of 1:30pm and 4pm
April 7th: Options of 9am, 11:30am, or 2pm
April 8th: Options of 1:30pm or 4pm
Workshop is $200 total, with a $50 non-refundable deposit due at registration, and $150 balance due day of workshop.
PREDDY CREEK PARK
3690 Burnley Station Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Equestrian Training – 2 hours.
During this session, you will learn:
- Mindset and approach to riding in cinema
- Horse personality and communications – “reading” your horses’ signs around the lights, camera and action
- Inspection of the horse before mounting for the scene
- Nomenclature and inspection of tack to avoid embarrassment and injury
- Fitting tack to your horse (or checking it if already tacked by the wrangler on site)
- Pre-ride safety checks before riding onto the set
- Mounting , dismounting and performing on your horse – on “action”
- What to watch on your horse when preparing for and giving your lines
- How to look comfortable and confident during the scene, while on your horse, even if you are really nervous or uncomfortable…lessons from an HBO series shoot.
- How to handle emergencies – running away, rearing, shying, insect attacks, loose saddle, broken reins
- Mini-scene shoots
AND MUCH MORE!
Workshop taught by Al Underwood of Thrive Equestrian.