The Assistant Director, Engineering in the HokieVision area of Virginia Tech Athletics will work with the Chief Engineer & Assistant AD for Broadcast & Network Operations to manage engineering operations for multiple broadcast control room facilities and athletic venue fiber and cable infrastructure used for ACC Network and HokieVision productions.
- Master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and/or Bachelor’s degree with Broadcast Maintenance Engineering training/experience.
- Significant work-related experience including digital/linear level live remote or studio broadcast productions as Engineer, EIC, and/or Video Shader.
- Working knowledge of fiber paths, termination and transmission; including Single Mode Fiber.
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours as needed, potentially including but not limited to evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Experience with video switchers, audio mixers, graphics platforms, LED displays and components, video instant replay systems, broadcast cameras, fiber,coax, and audio cable termination.
- Exhibit strong work ethic, ability to work in a team setting, and have a desire to work in collegiate athletics.
- Knowledge of NCAA and ACC rules and regulations.
- Ability to safely and independently move items weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Working knowledge of technical facilities, broadcast A/V and IT production equipment and systems, including experience and exposure to file-based video recorders, production switchers, routing systems, intercoms, RF, cameras, audio mixers, transmission and encoding equipment as well as computer networks and subsystems including Dante, MADI, and AES67 industry trends..
- Experience with remote camera control.
- Ability to rapidly diagnose video system and IT problems; provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain deadlines.
- Working knowledge of IT systems including trunked VLANs and switch-stack configuration.
- Proficient in terminating single mode fiber.
- Knowledge of technology and industry trends.
- Certification as one or more of the following: Certified Broadcast Technologist (CBT), Certified Audio Engineer (CEA), Certified Video Engineer (CEV), Certified Broadcast Television Engineer (CBTE), Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE), Certified Professional Broadcast Engineer (CPBE).
Commensurate with experience; $45,000 maximum.
January 27, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check and exemplify Virginia Tech Athletics’ core values of integrity, service, honor, excellence, and strong together.
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT-serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Online App. Form: