NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Meet the Press recently extended its franchise to include Meet the Press Daily on MSNBC so it’s now a 6 day a week TV platform in addition to a growing digital destination.
NBC News & MSNBC is seeking a dynamic, creative producer who can deliver exceptional political storytelling for all platforms of this powerful brand. The successful candidate will work closely with the EP on the vision for the network and cable shows and be able to execute on that vision every day in all elements of production from editorial to visual.
In addition to being a great TV producer the role demands leadership in building Meet the Press as an influential digital destination. The NBC News Digital team will work closely with the Senior Producer to support the digital strategy and execution across multiple digital platforms and social media.
- Developing a vision and strategy for the franchise on all platforms working closely with the EP. Pursue and pitch competitive show and digital ideas
- Deliver differentiated editorial content that has impact and influence
- Drive exceptional production of all elements – editorial, bookings, visual, scenic
- Build a strong relationship with the anchor and collaborate closely to build the show(s) and digital platforms
- Be a great coach and mentor to the show team
- Develop and execute a digital strategy that positions Meet the Press as an influential digital destination
- Over 10 years’ experience producing high quality TV journalism
- Exceptional editorial credentials and news judgment plus a passion for politics
- Proven ability to develop a vision and strategy for a show and the production expertise to make that vision a reality
- Exceptional producer who understands all elements of production – editorial, bookings, visual, scenic, and technology
- Strong live control room experience
- Strong leader and mentor – proven ability to be a successful player/coach
- Understanding of digital and experience building a TV brand on digital platforms
- Results driven producer and content creator who understands the competitive landscape and how to win in it
- Great communicator and ambassador the brand of Meet the Press
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Journalism, Communications or related field preferred