This assignment runs 5/30/16 – 1/22/17, 20 hours/week.
Responsible for the successful execution of live and taped studio productions including operation of camera and audio, camera and audio setup.
- Operates camera for taped and live productions, both robo and non-robo cameras.
- Operates camera consistent with established guidelines for framing, shot composition, timing and equipment handling.
- Following the direction of Studio Manager and Studio Tech, assists in the training of part-time Studio Techs and Master Control Operators regarding the care and operation of studio cameras.
- Operates audio for taped and live productions, following guidelines to maintain high quality audio product. Trouble shoots audio problems.
- Maintains a high degree of cleanliness and order in the studios and studio control rooms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline.
- Minimum one year operational experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, hosts, crew members and editorial colleagues.
- Consistent performance in several technical areas.
- Understanding of C-SPAN’s format in studio productions.
- Ability to concentrate and focus on details.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment under pressure.
- Flexibility to work varied schedules.