UNTETHERED follows Noah, a male ballet dancer who is worried about fitting in at a new ballet studio. The film features a budding romance with another male dancer, Jacob, and Noah’s turbulent relationship with his unaccepting mother.
The film explores resilience, overcoming self-doubt, and queer love.
Saturday, October 12th, from 11am to 4:30pm.
If interested, email Damian Massie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and audition sign-up times.
Filming will go from approx. Nov. 1st-3rd in Richmond, VA.
Casting for two PAID speaking roles, and 8 non-speaking roles:
JACOB – age 18-23, any race, second main character
– MUST have formal ballet/dance training
– Jacob is kind and charismatic, and the romantic interest of Noah.
KEVIN – age 18-23, any race, supporting role
– Preferably tall, preferably has dance training but not essential
– Kevin is uptight with a judgmental air about him. He is Jacob’s ex-boyfriend.
NON-SPEAKING STUDENTS*** – age ~17-23, men
– These are other male dance students in the class. Dance training is preferable, but not required.
***If you are interested in appearing as a non-speaking dancer, you can simply email a headshot and full body picture.