The Farm – Casting Call for a Feature Film (Non-union)
- Tom – any ethnicity – 30-35 yrs
⁃ Tom lives the farm house he inherited from his father. His father unexpectedly died
in a car accident. Tom struggles with the loss of his father and running the
unprofitable family farm.
- Catherine – any ethnicity – 30-35 yrs
⁃ Catherine is a ICU doctor, who lives in a newly renovated 200-year-old farmhouse
with her husband Tom. She deals with infertility.
- Darren – Any ethnicity – 6-10 yrs
– Darren is Catherine and Tom’s nephew. Catherine babysits Darren at least once a
week. Darren cannot wait to visit his Aunt Cathie each week.
- Filming in Richmond, VA for 2 weeks in late October early November.
- Compensation: deferred, footage for your reel, a copy of the project, meal. Lodging will be provided if applicable. (No travel expenses provided)
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your headshot, resume, and reel by Sept. 5th11:59 pm
After the sudden death of his father in a car accident, Tom and Catherine inherit the
family farm. Tom struggles with guilt surrounding his father’s death and trying live up to
his father’s legacy. Though materially prosperous, internally, Catherine deals with
Tom and Catherine live on a farm they inherited from Tom’s father after he passed away from injuries he sustained in a car accident. Tom blames himself for not being at his father’s side when he passed away in the hospital. Growing up on the farm Tom’s father was able to support his family but now Tom has not been able to make the farm turn a profit. In Tom’s mind he lives in the shadow of his father’s legacy. Catherine, an ICU doctor, makes more than enough at her job for her and Tom to live comfortably, but she has struggles of her own. Catherine deals with infertility. Doctors have been unable to diagnose the problem and Catherine feels alone in her fight against this invisible
enemy. Tom and Catherine must learn to weather the storms of life together rather than
apart as they find the sweetness in living through the difficulties of life together even
though it’s not the life they imagined it would be.