21 teams competed in the 2nd Annual Richmond 48 Hour Horror Film Project. The judges have consulted, and here are the films selected to be in the Best of Richmond Horror Top Ten:
- “The Frightful Pursuit of the Blackwood Beast” by This is a Film About Something Productions – Legend says the Blackwood Beast lurks in the darkness. Four friends, barricaded in an abandoned building, are about to find out if that’s true.
- “It Comes at Night” by CineVentures – Kate’s B&B guests may never check out!
- “The Collector’s Chest” by NeVeRSeen Media – A young couple procures a mysterious chest, but there’s more to it than meets the eye!
- “Hillbilly Science and the Death of Cha Cha Rodriguez” by Eyesore Films – A monster created by science hunts a small group in the backwoods.
- “Redlining” by Moon Day Productions – A young couple relocating to an upscale neighborhood faces discrimination from an aggressive real estate team.
- “Cleanse” by the Mad HaTTers – A group of friends find themselves in a precarious series of events after a prank gone wrong.
- “Anna Perkins” by Goodnight, Gracie… Forever – A demon released by a centuries-old Puritan cult returns, hungry for sacrifice.
- “Gone, Not Forgotten” by Red Hills Productions – An unexpected force prevents Laura from moving on after the loss of loved ones.
- “Ursa” by Fish-Sticks and Coleslaw – A young woman with special abilities, trapped in isolation by her father, must gain the means and courage to escape her captor.
- “Red Handed” by Team Flash Frame – Two suspicious roommates find out more than wanted to know about each other.
Nominations for Best Actress are:
- Tanya Kelley in “Red Handed” by Team Flash Frame
- Emily Gerber in “Ursa” by Fish-Sticks and Coleslaw
- Janae Thompson in “Fine Wine” by In My Mind Media
Nominations for Best Actor are:
- Doug Blackburn in “Redlining” by Moon Day Productions
- Jamie Day in “Ursa” by Fish-Sticks and Coleslaw
- Cain Luke in “@rodchicod” by BC (Mostly)
The Top Ten Screening will be held at The Byrd Theatre, 2908 W. Cary St., Richmond on Sunday, October 26 at 1:30 p.m. Immediately following the screening, awards will be presented in 17 categories.
Congratulations to all film teams! Good luck, and we’ll see you at the show!