The Inaugural Richmond 48 Hour Horror Film Project currently checks in with 17 teams, and they come not only from the Greater Richmond area, but two also represent Charlottesville, one from Roanoke, Lynchburg, Fredericksburg and Woodbridge. It’s not too late to register, and we only have 11 slots left. Cost is $175 with a $25 discount if you participated this past summer! Don’t wait! Be among the first to be eligible for and/or win Best Horror Film, Best Scream, Best SFX Makeup, and many other awards!
- Thursday, October 4 from 6-8 p.m. – Happy Hour Networking Mixer at The Camel, 1621 W. Broad St., Richmond
- Thursday, October 11 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Casting Call at RVA Event Space, 0 E. 4th, Richmond
- Friday, October 19 from 6-7 p.m. – Kickoff (receive required character, prop, line of dialogue and draw your sub-genres) at TBA
- Sunday, October 21 from 6-9 p.m. – Dropoff at Bridge Studio, 1613 W. Main St., Richmond
- Sunday, October 28 at 3 p.m. – Premiere Screening Group A and Audience Favorite Voting at The Grace Street Theater, 934 W. Grace St., Richmond
- Sunday, October 28 at 5:30 p.m. – Premiere Screening Group B and Audience Favorite Voting at The Grace Street Theater, 934 W. Grace St., Richmond
- Sunday, November 4 at 3 p.m. – Best of Richmond Horror and Awards Ceremony at The Grace Street Theater, 934 W. Grace St., Richmond
Are you talent looking to be in a 48 Hour Horror Film? Are you a registered team leader needing access to talent to cast your film? Then come to our Casting Call taking place Thursday, October 11 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at RVA Event Space, 0 East 4th Street (through the Plant Zero entrance, or adjacent to Plant Zero Café at 7 East 3rd Street). Here’s what you must do first…
- must be registered for RVA Horror (www.48hourfilm.com/richmond/horror).
- must send an e-mail to email@example.com to tell us you’re coming.
- may bring your camera if you’d like.
- must prepare a 1-minute monologue to perform in front of the filmmakers.
- must e-mail your name, phone number and audition time requested (between 6:30-8:30 p.m.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Response indicates consent to audition being filmed. You will receive a confirmation e-mail providing your actual audition time as close to your requested time as possible.
- should also bring multiple copies of headshots and acting resumes to distribute to film teams.
Parking is on-street or in paid lot.
Anyone present at the Casting Call who is not pre-registered will not be permitted to participate.
RESERVE YOUR SEAT TO SEE THE SCARIEST SHOW IN TOWN!
Get ready for a spooky weekend you won’t forget, Richmond! Tickets to screenings are on sale now and horror fans are already securing their seats to the scariest show in town! Be sure to get yours before they’re gone… and help decide who made the best Horror film by casting your vote for audience favorite at the Premiere Screenings!
Sunday, October 28 – Premiere Screenings, Grace Street Theater
Sunday, November 4 – Best of Richmond Horror and Awards Ceremony, Grace Street Theater