Los Angeles based LDR Creative LLC, in partnership with Thorndale Farm LLC, is seeking 3-4 history themed short films that were filmed in Virginia and or that promote some aspect of Virginia’s rich history for presentation at the outdoor event, From Farm to Film.
From Farm to Film is being held at historic Thorndale Farm in Middletown, Virginia, on Saturday, August 31, 2019 from 5 to 9 PM. Thorndale Farm is located approximately 12 miles south of Winchester, VA and 80 miles west of Washington D.C. (www.thorndalefarmva.com)
The award winning short Free, a film about a young Frederick Douglass’ journey to literacy, by Director Ben Hartley, which was filmed on location at Thorndale Farm, will be showcased.
Film Submission Guidelines:
- Submission is free of charge.
- Film submissions should be limited to 15 minutes and under.
- Historic short films specifically about or associated with Frederick Douglass, abolition, slavery, literacy, or empowerment or short films that promote some aspect of Virginia’s rich history are preferred.
- Ideally a representative for the film (producers, directors, production crew, etc) who can speak to the production should be present.
- Send screener links only; if password protected please include password information.
- Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All films must be submitted no later than August 1, 2019. Early submission will better assist us in promoting your film!
- Submission does not guarantee acceptance.
We are seeking to educate as well as excite the public about film, history, and the Virginia film industry. A local entertainment, a food vendor (BBQ), brewery, and vineyard will be on site as well.
Come spend an evening on the Farm, connect with other filmmakers, and enjoy the opportunity to showcase your production!