Friends of Thorndale Farm*, in partnership with Thorndale Farm LLC, is seeking 4-5 short films (2-3 featurettes or 1 feature film may be considered) that were either filmed in Virginia or that promote some aspect of Virginia’s rich history for presentation at the outdoor event, From Farm to Film.
The 2nd Annual From Farm to Film is being held on Saturday, September 5, 2020 from 5 to 9 PM at historic Thorndale Farm, filming location for the award winning short Free, by Director Ben Hartley. Thorndale Farm is located in Middletown, Virginia, approximately 12 miles south of Winchester, VA and 80 miles west of Washington D.C. (www.thorndalefarmva.com).
Film Submission Guidelines:
- Submission is free of charge.
- Film submissions (shorts) should be limited to 15 minutes and under.
- Films shot in Virginia or films specifically about or associated with some aspect of Virginia’s rich history are preferred.
- Ideally, a representative for the film (producers, directors, production crew, etc.) who can speak to the production should be present.
- Send screener links only, if password protected please include password information.
- Please submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All films must be submitted no later than August 1, 2020. Early submission will better assist us in early promotion of your film!
- Submission does not guarantee acceptance.
We are seeking to educate as well as excite the public about history, the Virginia film industry, and the importance of preserving Virginia’s historical resources through film. Local entertainment, a food vendor (BBQ), brewery, and vineyard will be on site as well.
Come spend a fun and relaxing evening on the Farm, connect with other filmmakers, and enjoy the opportunity to showcase your production!!
* Friends of Thorndale Farm is a separately organized tax-exempt public charity under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 501 (c) (3). Contributions made to Friends of Thorndale Farm are deductible under IRC Section 170. To learn more: https://thorndalefarmva.com/friends-of-thorndale-farm.