The Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District is accepting submissions for the 5th annual Bethesda Film Fest on March 17-18, 2017. Filmmakers in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. are eligible to submit a short documentary film, 5-30 minutes in length. Films must have been completed within the last two years, all topics are eligible. Filmmakers may only submit one film for consideration. A documentary by a young filmmaker, under 18 years old, may also be chosen. There is a $25 entry fee; $20 for filmmakers under 18 years old. Entries must be received by January 4, 2017.
Selected filmmakers are required to attend the formal screenings March 17-18, 2017 at Imagination Stage in downtown Bethesda and speak about their work. Filmmakers whose films are selected will receive a $500 honorarium. Young filmmakers will receive a $250 honorarium. Filmmakers who were selected for the 2016 festival are not eligible and may apply again for the 2018 festival.
- Filmmakers must be current, full time residents or students in Maryland, Virginia or Washington, D.C.
- Films must be between 5 and 30 minutes in length.
- Films must have been completed within the last two years.
- Films with non-English dialogue must be submitted with subtitles.
- All topics are eligible.
- Filmmakers may only submit one film for consideration.
- Selected filmmakers are required to attend the formal screenings March 17-18, 2017 at Imagination Stage in downtown Bethesda and speak about their work.
- Entries may be submitted online at: http://www.bethesda.org/bethesda/bethesda-film-fest-application
- Entries may be submitted on DVD with a completed application (attached), registration fee and mailed to: Bethesda Film Fest, c/o Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District, 7700 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD 20814.
- Entries must be received by January 4, 2017. This is not a postmark deadline.
Online Submission: http://www.bethesda.org/bethesda/bethesda-film-fest
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you need any additional information.