Greetings! We are SUPER excited to invite you to party with us at the 7th annual DC Web Fest on April 12th& 13th in Washington, DC!
Early bird tickets are up now, so make sure to grab them, as we anticipate selling out and we don’t want you to miss out on the incredible offerings we have this year, at “The Indie Webbys”.
Here’s how the party will flow ~
On Friday, April 12th, feel the energy as we kick off the festival at Google. Feed your brain and your body!
- Fuel up with some KIND snack bars provided by our KIND snacks
- Break the ice by participating in a fun people scavenger hunt.
- Enjoy games and VR created right here in the nation’s capital by fellow Washingtonians like Joey Cathey of Capital Interactive (who has done work for Discovery) and Shayna Skolnik of Navteca (who has done work for NASA).
- Gain new skills and become more competitive in the marketplace by nerding out at one of the two General Assembly sponsored courses:
- Digital Market
- UX Design.
- For our creatives, some of the DC Web Fest team players have decided to offer pro bono creative consultations, so bring your work if you’d like some constructive criticism. While you’re at it, get a FREEprofessional headshotby one of our talented DC Web Fest photographers.
- To wrap up at Google, Creative Control will be providing you with pro bono legal counseling on IP lawso you can know your rights as a creator and take control over your work (sign up and secure your spot here! Ticket purchase required).
Oh! Google has dope food, so don’t worry, we’ll feed you 🙂 Also, our snack sponsor, KIND snacks, will KINDLY provide plenty of sweet treats to keep you ENERGIZED throughout the day.
For Friday evening we’ll migrate on over to Mindspace for international night.
Kick back and enjoy a plethora of international web series over Australian wine (provided by the Embassy of Australia DC) and dinner brought to you by Broccoli Bar.
We’ll end the night chatting with our international web fest friends, creators and curators, followed by another fun people scavenger hunt and gift card giveaway.
Sleep. Eat. Repeat @ MakeOffices Glover Park on Saturday, April 13th.
- Get your energy going with some more KIND snack bars and tasty, locally brewed Kombucha brought to you by Wild Kombucha.
- Bring your listening ears for our podcast listening booth and fireside chats with our podcast, writing, social impact, and digital art folks.
- Amazon Web Services Educateis coming through to exclusively offer educators and students with cloud training along with AWS credits.
- Sign up hereand use promo code dcwebfest-students19 – NOTE: you will be required to use your academic email. Ticket purchase required first
- Sweetgreenwill be providing dinner to select ticket holders, order instructions will be provided upon ticket purchase.
For the first time ever, DC Web Fest x Discovery Education x the USC Shoah Foundation have partnered to uplift the Teaching with Testimony: Stronger than Hate Challenge, where students identify and address the issue of hate in their schools and community.
The festival will conclude with an award ceremony and closing party featuring Australian wine, beer, and champagne (provided by the Embassy of Australia DC) and a cash bar.
For the extreme party heads, head on over to Decades nightclub for the unofficial afterparty.
Then sleep. Eat. Reflect.
Tickets and spots are limited and we do anticipate selling out. We feel very strongly about keeping our event closely curated, as we want to create an experience that facilitates connections. Having been to too many conferences with 1000+ attendees, we have found that it is not easy to make organic and deep connections with other people in the circumstances.
The DC Web Fest is an event that is meant to inspire collaborations, connections, and creation, and to bolster and uplift everyone together… And we feel the human element is so important to our mission. The digital age works best when we use it to connect with people. So, get your tickets! We are @DCWebFest across all social platforms and our website is www.dcwebfest.org, so check out the attached fliers and feel free to share!
Lastly, if you’re in need of a place to stay, our official hotel partner, Hyatt Place (US Capital) is offering a great group rate for DC Web Fest guests, so take advantage by booking below: