AFSCME is a labor union that represents 1.6 million public service workers nationwide.
Multimedia Video Journalist
This position is responsible for enhancing AFSCME’s video storytelling abilities by creating a range of videos that communicate member stories and the organization’s work. Once the incumbent receives an assignment, s/he will be responsible for all video work, from initial scripting to filming to editing and delivering a finished product. The Multimedia Video Journalist must work in a timely manner – often within a breaking news cycle. Emphasis will be placed on rapid response videos and news-oriented videos to support more robust daily reporting operations from the Communications content creation team. Incumbent will act as a videographer, producer and reporter as well as an editor and producer of stories.
- Assist in creating videos from concept to finished product, including scripting, production, lighting, audio engineering, and editing both at Washington,
headquarters and throughout the country.
- Assist in the coordination of all AFSCME video projects, including working with project and professional staff within and outside the department and coordinating the use of outside vendors.
- Perform additional media services such as, but not limited to, media monitoring, audio recording/engineering, event video production, and related contractor management.
- Serve as part of a news gathering team that promotes the stories of AFSCME and its members.
- Assist in creating motion graphics, bumpers, and lower thirds consistent electronic media technology and with AFSCME’s branding.
- Assist in creating rapid response web videos to educate and impact key issues affecting AFSCME members and working families.
- Assist and occasionally lead in working between departments and with outside vendors to produce videos. Includes but not limited to scheduling, location scouting and pre-interviewing.
- Works with media consultants on specific projects.
- Conducts staff and member trainings on online video and editing.
- Assists in maintaining and managing video production studio and equipment.
- Assists in all video asset management and archiving activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of departmental activities.
Education & Experience:
Three to five years of experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience filming on-location in dynamic conditions.
- Experience using professional digital HD video equipment and accessories and experience shooting with multiple cameras and formats.
- Diversity in production/shooting style. Ability to record ENG events and interviews, as well as create more stylized video packages.
- Advanced multi-format video editing skills using Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Studio and delivering finished digital video products for an online audience.
- Professional experience with television monitoring/recording technologies.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects.
- Ability to travel for AFSCME business, including political and organizing campaigns required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Hey Suk Chong at email@example.com in the Communications Department.
Proud To Be An Equal Opportunity/AA Employer