Asst Producer(Coord), ACC Network
Admin – Broadcasting, Radio, and Television
Virginia Tech, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), invites applications for The Assistant Producer (Coordinator), ACC Network. This position reports to the Senior Director, ACC Network Operations or the Associate Director, ACC Network, and will assist in the day-to-day execution of ACC Network/ESPN broadcasts of Virginia Tech Athletics as part of the broadcast arm of HokieVision. Through the ACC Network, HokieVision will implement content strategy that tells the stories of the Hokies with a commitment to bringing fans the best broadcast experience consistent with the branding and standards of the ACC Network/ESPN. This position will also assist with training and developing student production assistants in proper network broadcast techniques and will work to develop positive relationships with other Hokievision, ACC Network, ESPN, and Virginia Tech coaching staffs.
- Significant experience with live sports events.
- Has good knowledge of sports and sports history.
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
- Working knowledge of broadcast equipment and network broadcasting consistent with ESPN branding and standards.
- Working knowledge of video editing equipment such as Adobe Premiere or AVID Media Composer.
- Experience using Adobe’s Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel for athletic event coverage.
- Exemplary work ethic, attention to detail, positive attitude, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful clearance of a conviction and driver’s license check.
- Ability to assist managing, mentoring, and training student interns and freelancers.
- Ability to shoot highlights and flexibility to travel to cover athletic contests.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Evertz Dreamcatcher and its use in live broadcast production consistent with ESPN standards.
- Experience with ESPN and/or live sports broadcast production at a Power 5 institution.
- Experience in a lead producing role in live sports production.
- Experience training students in a live sports broadcast setting.
- Working knowledge and experience working within a broadcast crew in various roles (technical directing, graphics, replay operation, camera operation, audio, etc).
- Experience with ESPN broadcast elements (graphics packages, animation and tape elements).
- Working knowledge of specific Control Room equipment including but not limited to: Ross Acuity and Carbonite Switchers, Ross Xpression, Evertz Dreamcatcher replay systems, and CatDV Workflow.
- Strong creativity and storytelling skills.
- Producing and/or directing experience in live broadcasting setting.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel.
- Prior experience in Division I athletics department or similar venue using video boards, broadcasting, and video editing.
- Knowledge of sound mixers and lighting equipment.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others as part of a team.
Commensurate with experience.
August 8, 2019
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check and will exemplify Virginia Tech Athletics’ core values of integrity, service, honor, excellence, and strong together.
About Virginia Tech
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT-serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Online App. Form:
Virginia Tech has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.