The Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District invites filmmakers to submit recent, original work for the sixth annual Bethesda Film Fest, set for Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7, 2018 at Imagination Stage in Bethesda, MD.
Short (5-30 minutes), documentary films by filmmakers from Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. will be considered. Films must have been completed within the last two years. All topics are eligible. Filmmakers chosen for the 2017 festival are not eligible and may submit again for the 2019 festival.
Filmmakers are required to attend the film festival screenings and speak about their work.
Awards & Prizes
Up to five films will be selected to be shown. A film by a young filmmaker, under age 18, may also be chosen. Filmmakers whose films are selected will receive an honorarium of $1,000. Young filmmakers will receive $250.
Rules & Terms
– Filmmakers must be current, permanent residents of Maryland, Virginia or Washington, D.C.
– Films must be between 5 and 30 minutes in length.
– Films must have been completed within the last two years.
– Filmmakers may only submit one film for consideration.
– Filmmakers chosen for the 2017 festival are not eligible; they may submit again for the 2019 festival.
– Films with non-English dialogue must be submitted with English subtitles.
– DEADLINE: All entries must be received by January 10, 2018.
– There is a $25 entry fee. Filmmakers under the age of 18 have a $20 entry fee.
Notification of the selection panel’s decision will be sent in January 2018. The selection panel will choose up to five documentaries to screen at the Bethesda Film Fest.
Visit the website to find out more: https://filmfreeway.com/BethesdaFilmFest