Jamin Lee Anderson is looking for actors for her thesis film, Silkworm.
It is about a Korean-immigrant Mother and her Korean-American daughter’s relationship. The script is ready. The shooting will be in Virginia Beach area on May 3rd to 5th (From Friday to Sunday).
* Non-union, unpaid student project
* Planning to film this as a feature film next year.
Speaking Roles needed are below.
- Myunghye: 50-60 years old, a Korean immigrant (doesn’t speak Korean)
- Gina: early 20s, a half-Korean half-Caucasian (doesn’t speak Korean)
- Young Myunghye: about 20s, who can play as 16 and 20s old Myunghye.
- Young Gina: 5-7 years old, a half-Korean half-Caucasian (doesn’t speak Korean)
- Myunghye’s father: 30-40 years-old, Korean man
- Patrick: White, 20s, military man. Myunghye’s husband.
- Doctor: Any ethnicity, 40s or older.
- Emily: Any ethnicity. Her early 20s. Gina’s friend.
- Larry: Patrick’s father, white, 50s, military man.
- Korean man: 30-40s, wealthy man. (speaks Korean)
* The daughter is half Korean and half American – open to any race.
* The story is about a Korean American family, but they are open to any Asian American.
Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If interested, please attach your resume and headshot. (Reel would be great if you have one).