Date and Time: April 7 & 8, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Workforce Development & Conference Center
1651 Parham Road, Richmond VA, 23228
Cost: $150, $75 for VPA members, students, and military
Information and Registration: here
Film Industry Training: This two-day program is designed to provide beginning and advanced practical training for individuals seeking to become a Production Assistant, an entry level position that is the first step in the door of the film industry. Learners will gain valuable knowledge and insight into the entertainment industry. This program will provide the tools required to be successful from the very first day on a film set.
Day One of the Get Your Start in the Film Industry training program is designed to provide practical training for those with lots of desire but little experience. Learners will understand the proper etiquette and procedures required from seasoned filmmakers to enable them to walk confidently onto any commercial, television, new media, fashion show, theatre, or movie set.
The advanced and intensive Day Two will teach valuable time-saving skills when scheduling small, low budget projects to major motion picture standards for Assistant Directors, Production Managers, Coordinators, Producers and Directors.
- Understand the motion picture industry
- Who’s Who on a film set
- Script breakdown
- Film set language, protocol, and etiquette
- Production paperwork overview
- Production Assistant duties and responsibilities
- How to get a job
- Advanced production script breakdown
- Create and schedule production paperwork
- Break down the script
- Name sets and locations
- Create extras breakdowns
- Shortcuts and “rules of thumbs” that will translate to an accurate overview of what is required to shoot within the budget
- Create, name, and track shooting schedules, DOOD’s, one liners, and cast lists