• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

NOVA/DC – Producing Master Class – Line Producing – Prep & Production – July 19

WIFV presents an insider’s look at the make-or-break moments in the careers of successful media producers. Inspired by the concept of the bestselling books, “Worst Case Scenarios Survival Guides,” each of the classes presents a panel of seasoned and expert producers. Panelists present real-world situations and provide strategies and solutions to what you may actually face on a project. Presentations and activities will add new survival skills to your producer’s toolkit. The classes are supported by the Gem Star Foundation and Interface Media Group.

Line Producing – Prep & Production 

July 19, 2016, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Interface Media Group, 1233 20th Street, NW (Dupont Circle South Metro)

$15 WIFV Members; $30 Public

This program will focus on prep (pre-production) and production.  Prep is 80% of any successful shoot and the remaining 20% of time is trouble shooting during the production period!

The main focus of the line producer’s job is tied closely to the project’s financials and handling budgetary issues and they are a focus of this presentation.

The Panelists:

Alison Rosa has been in Physical Production for many years and has worked as a Line Producer, Production Manager, 1st Assistant Director, 2nd Assistant Director and yes, even a walkie PA!  She began her journey in Physical Production in Washington DC as a walkie PA on the film THUNDERHEART and never stopped or looked back.  She became a DGA Trainee, and subsequently joined the Directors Guild of America, forging her way as an Assistant Director on major motion pictures, television series and national commercials.  She began working as an Asst. Production Manager, then a Production Manager, joining the Producers Guild of America (PGA). Her credits include LIMITLESS (CBS), MERCY STREET (PBS), CODES OF CONDUCT (Steve McQueen) KILL THE MESSENGER (Michael Cuesta), PHILOMENA (Stephen Frears), ARGO (Ben Affleck), J. EDGAR and  ABSOLUTE POWER (Clint Eastwood), HOW DO YOU KNOW (James L Brooks), NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 (Shawn Levy), STEP UP 2 (Jon Chu), VEEP (Armando Ianucci), THE WIRE (David Simon), MIAMI VICE (Michael Mann), A FEW GOOD MEN, NORTH and “THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT (Rob Reiner) are among her many film and TV credits.  She has had the opportunity to work with some of Hollywood’s finest Directors and Producers and is grateful for the  experiences and opportunities that her career has allowed.  She believes women have to work considerably harder to prove them selves in an industry that is male dominated, particularly in Scripted Production, and that organizations such as WIFV are essential in supporting women in all aspects of the industry.

Audrea Topps Harjo was born in DC, graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School, The College of William and Mary, and Howard University (M.F.A. Film). Her thesis film HARD CANDY was nominated for a Student Academy Award in 1993. She moved to Los Angeles, where she worked behind-the-scenes on various films to acquire a broad spectrum of experience on production including, independent film production, high end visual effects, animation, mobile and console games. She was worked for Sony Pictures Imageworks (CONTACT, STARSHIP TROOPERS, STUART LITTLE); Obsidian Pictures (EPOCH OF LOTUS); Cinesite (X-MEN 2); Rhythm and Hues (GARFIELD); Ring of Fire (SKY CAPTAIN); Electronic Arts (MEDAL OF HONOR) WETA Digital in New Zealand (RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, THE AVENGERS, MAN OF STEEL, PROMETHEUS) and James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment (AVATAR SEQUELS). Since returning to the DC region, she has directed several commercials and served as Line Producer on the soon to be released feature film SECRETS which premiered African American Black Film Festival in June. She is currently slated to produce three feature films (THE COAST, RAIN, ALGEBRA OF DEATH).