HHMI’s Educational Media Group is seeking a highly motivated Production Coordinator to assist the Production and Operations Team to facilitate smooth operations in the production office. This position is a 6-month renewable contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with processing payments, facilitating vendor registration for accounts payable, record keeping and payment tracking for Tangled Bank Studios, the Educational Media Group and Missing Link.
- Assemble, process and review expense reports for the production team.
- Assist with setting up facilities and HR needs for contractors.
- Process time sheets and other paperwork for contractors.
- Order office supplies and coordinate resources to keep daily operations running smoothly.
- Book travel and accommodations and assist with other logistics for staff, crew and talent.
- Update project trackers, production and post production schedules, team calendars and contact sheets.
- Update and maintain all databases including the following: department shared drive, crew lists, CVs, crew, music, talent and animation sample reels.
- Conduct regular reviews and updates of the Producer Portal as required.
- Review and give initial feedback on deliverables received from outside producers for ERG and TBS.
- Assist with amending project specific paper deliverables and legal binder documents including but not limited to archival stills logs, appearance logs, location logs, music cue sheets, texted elements lists, production stills logs, rights waivers, etc.
- Update and maintain the archive storage (both physical binders and via the Shared Drive) for all ERG and TBS legal binders and hard assets.
- Create and maintain a library system for all paper deliverables and legal templates.
- Re-format deliverables for use of original footage for such purposes as the creation of additional in-house content, short form content, and the PBSd master.
- Conform scripts and review caption files for accuracy, as needed.
- Screen original footage and create detailed source tape logs as needed.
- Assist with project code requests and distribution to department managers.
- Perform research tasks for the production team, as requested.
- Assist with footage rights inquiries for marketing, communication and outreach needs for internal and external clients.
- Book conference rooms and phone bridges for meetings, as requested.
- Attend production meetings and take notes when requested.
- Collate and distribute paperwork for meetings and productions.
- Coordinate shipping for department.
- Perform other production and administrative duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; minimum of 2 years experience in television working as Production Assistant or Coordinator for an independent production company or broadcaster.
- Basic understanding of broadcast television industry
- Familiarity with television terminology and camera formats
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and Mac environments
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of AVID
- Strong verbal and written Skills
HHMI is an intellectually demanding, results oriented organization where discoveries being made are fundamentally changing the way the world is viewed. Interested individuals should submit a resume and a brief (one page limit) cover letter that includes salary requirements and highlights those elements of your experience, skills, or personality that make you a good fit for this position. Attn: Lorri Garcia-Cottrell
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States