Filmfest DC looking for Engagement Coordinator, ideally to start by March 15
The Engagement Coordinator works with the Senior Program Consultant to enrich and expand
up to eight selected programs in Filmfest DC by engaging local organizations/groups with
program(s) relevant to their work and constituencies.
- Collaborate on the design of and execute engagement plans for each film.
- Research and contact appropriate individuals, groups and organizations to approach to be community partners for selected films. (Community partners are involved in issues closely related to the topic of a given film and offer support because they see it as consistent with or furthering their mission/cause. The festival provides them with appreciation, visibility, complimentary and sometimes discounted tickets, and special opportunities.)
- Engage at least 3 key groups or organizations per film.
- Create kit of digital materials to be used by Filmfest DC social media consultants, community partners and others in sending out social media, e.g. tweets, email blasts and other contacts to their lists. Provide sample tweets, Facebook posts. Ensure these materials are delivered to appropriate group contact and monitor their fulfillment of agreement about their promotion.
- Research local individuals, opinion leaders, and resource people to facilitate or supplement post screening discussion.
- Back up senior program consultant with filmmaker visits to schools, assist in organizing and possibly being FFDC rep on site for one or two.
- During Filmfest DC (April 25- May 5) help wrangle filmmakers, talent, community representatives at screenings and events. Assist with announcements and Q&As at screenings when available and appropriate.
- File final report and recommendations.
Qualifications: Good writing, speaking and social media skills. Experience with organizing,
outreach and engagement and film festivals a plus.
Contact: Linda Blackaby, senior program consultant, Filmfest DC for more information.
Please submit cover letter, resume and recommendations.
Work would take place between March 15-May 5, 2019
Total Pay = $1820