** Steven Spielberg Film Casting Search, “THE KIDNAPPING OF EDGARDO MORTARA”
- EDGARDO— BOY age 6-9 to play 6. This is a unique & very challenging part for a truly special boy. The story deals w/the complexity of an extremely intelligent & gifted child’s situation – his desire to return to his family & the faith of his ancestors, pitted against his ability to learn the Catechism & engage w/the Pope on a level far beyond his years. He should appear to be a Jewish Italian child. We are not looking for any kind of Italian accent. LEAD.
- TO SUBMIT— All submissions should go through our casting website: https://www.castittalent.com/TKOEM. PLEASE FOLLOW STEPS 1 – 5 ON WEBSITE! Many people are not following directions, so please read thoroughly; preferably via a computer & not just your cell phone. Step #2 is very important! It’s where you enter your email so you can receive watermarked SIDES (scene) & other pertinent info! The video clip you send should be him reading the sides (scene), slate & introduction — ALL EXPLAINED in document you will receive via the site, once you enter your email. Please do not send other clips or acting reels. Deadline: 08/15 or ASAP! (check site for possible extensions)
- STORY LINE— Steven Spielberg is making a film about the true story of EDGARDO MORTARA – a 6 year old Jewish boy from Bologna who was reported to have been secretly baptized by a maid & was deemed by the Catholic church therefore to be Christian. Pope Pius IX (to be played by Mark Rylance) decreed that the boy could not remain w/his Jewish family. He was seized by the Papal State & taken to the Vatican where his indoctrination into Catholicism began. This was a cause célèbre of mid-nineteenth century European politics & the domestic & international outrage against the pontifical state’s actions may have contributed to its downfall amid the unification of Italy. This is an incredible story of real historical relevance.
- NOTE— Several CD’s are covering THE KIDNAPPING OF EDGARDO MORTARA, in partnership w/overall CD Ellen Lewis/ UK CD Nina Gold: We (Debbie DeLisi/DeLisi Creative) are covering talent that live in all regions in the US/Canada, EXCEPT for LA (CD Tannis Vallely) & NYC (Rori Bergman). If based in LA or NYC, please submit to Tannis or Rori.If talent is based in any other area — please submit to us below:
** Santiago Pozo Casting Search, “THE RUN”
- J.D. ESCONDIDO BRAVO – Male to portray Latino/13 years old (age 10-14 to play 13). J.D. is a scrawny, indigenous looking Mexican-American boy. A fast runner, escaping from something that neither he, nor we, yet know. LEAD. Bi-lingual preferred. It’s best if J.D. can speak fluent English (he was born & raised in the US); ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- SENOR JUAN– Male. To portray Mexican/late 50s to early 80s. Dark-skinned, weathered, indigenous-looking. Even in his advanced age, he is still agile and trim. He is the spiritual village doctor of the small town where Harper & J.D. are forced to stop when their vehicle breaks down. A shepherd by trade, he tends to his herd of goats and also to the spiritual needs of his fellow villagers. SUPPORTING. Bi-lingual preferred. Character speaks broken English w/Mexican accent.
- TO SUBMIT— www.theruncasting.com (Actively taking nationwide submissions!)
- STORY LINE— A fallen Olympic track hero, whose crumbling life has reduced her to coaching a high school track team, stumbles on a running phenomenon, a disenchanted 13-year old Mexican-American boy she sees as her ticket back to the spotlight. But her dreams of guiding him to the world stage are dashed when he suddenly takes off running form Tucson, Arizona to Mexico City, Mexico hoping he can bring on a miracle to save his dying father. She must then chase him for 1200 perilous and unpredictable miles.