522 Seeks Associate Producer/Editor – Full Time
You’re a Creative and you’re looking for something more. You have a strong background in video production and the ability to develop and execute a concept. You want to own your work, but know how to collaborate with a team and keep clients happy.
The thing is, you’re still learning. That’s why you’re looking for the opportunity to work with and learn from a collection of hard-working and talented filmmakers with a simple fundamental philosophy: focus on what matters.
522 is a collective of filmmakers who create unique videos for a variety of Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, government and small businesses nationwide. We believe corporate videos shouldn’t be boring. That every company, and every project, presents a unique opportunity to tell a compelling story. It takes the most creative and talented people using the right process in order to bring those stories to life.
That’s where you come in. We’re looking for an Associate Producer/Editor to work with and learn from too. You’ll oversee creative development, direction, and editing of projects.
You’re background might come from the ad world. Or production. Maybe you just produce videos in your spare time. It doesn’t matter. You got the skills, we’re listening.
It’s a big job. You’ll be asked to do a lot. The hours are sometimes late. The work may be challenging. But you love it all the same. We all do. That’s why you’re a perfect fit at our whiteboard, with us on a shoot, or grabbing a pint of Hellbender beer at our pool table.
We’ve grown a lot. Ten years in a row to be exact. We achieved this growth by combining creative people, a solid process, and a purpose behind telling each story. That’s where you come in.
Interviews run through the end of the year. You’ll be starting January ’15.
Old Town, Alexandria, VA.
If you’re interested, please fill out the form on our Website.
- Lead video production projects from start to finish
- Write and present ideas both internally & externally
- Draft documents (Treatments, Creative Briefs, etc.) to articulate vision for both client and crew
- Develop Story/Mood boards for clients
- Direct production crews during filming – you can shoot too if you got the knack.
- Lead post-production efforts, working primarily in Premiere and After Effects (if skill set matches)
- 3-5 years experience in the creative field with a strong video production background
- Demo Reel Submission
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Premiere and After Effects. Experience with Cinema 4D would be awesome… but not a requirement.
- Extensive background using DSLR cameras. Familiarity with Sony FS700 or RED cameras a plus.
- Ability to come up with fresh ideas on a consistent basis.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to inspire creative from teammates.
- Willingness to break the rules, but experience to know when not to.
- Ability to adapt to a client’s expectations while pursuing the most creative option.
- Willing to go above and beyond your expertise and job description. Must not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Comfortable articulating and presenting ideas both internally & externally.
If you feel this position is for you, please submit your resume and reel online.
Senior Project Manager
522 Productions, LLC
711 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314