ScreenCraft is excited to present the Orb Media China-Hollywood Screenwriting Fellowship!
In addition to the list of illustrious program advisors below, legendary producer and former Academy President Hawk Koch has also joined the board of advisors.
This is the first cross-cultural screenwriting mentorship program to develop writers in both English and Chinese languages. Screenwriters worldwide are encouraged to submit original feature film screenplays in English or Chinese promptly for consideration by the final application deadline on February 10th, 2017.
Orb Media Group will select four (4) winners who will each be offered an option fee of at least WGA minimum (up to $13,374) against a six-figure purchase price at WGA scale contingent on production (up to $133,739 each, depending on the final budget of each film). Orb Media Group and its partners will financially back and develop the projects for production and distribution with partners in China and the United States.
Orb Media will also provide the winners with round-trip travel to the Beijing Film Festival in April 2017 to participate in special training and mentorship programs in partnership with the Beijing Film Academy.
Orb Media Screenwriting Fellowship program advisors include:
- Hawk Koch, former president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, producer of SOURCE CODE, FRACTURE, PRIMAL FEAR and WAYNE’S WORLD.
- Bill Mechanic, film producer, former executive for Disney and Fox, with such credits asHACKSAW RIDGE, DARK WATER, THE NEW WORLD, and CORALINE. Mr. Mechanic has served on the board of governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and he produced the 82nd Academy Awards.
- Peter Shiao, founder and CEO of Orb Media Group with offices in Los Angeles and Beijing. Mr. Shiao also produced RESTLESS, the first ever Hollywood-Chinese film co-production.
- Arthur Sarkissian, producer of global blockbuster RUSH HOUR franchise (1, 2 & 3) starring Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. In April the Hollywood Reporter announced that Mr. Sarkissian and Chinese entrepreneur Bruno Wu are teaming up to launch Peak Time Entertainment, a new movie production venture.
- Shan Dongbing, Chinese film producer and studio executive with experience at LeVision, Bona and leading Chinese investment firm FOSUN (over $12 billion under management). His credits include FLASHPOINT and THE BULLET VANISHES.
- Ms. Tang Xiru, President and Founder of Beijing 1st Cuts Entertainment Co.,Ltd (北京星引力影视文化有限公司)
- Christopher Ford, screenwriter of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, and Sundance Film Festival hits ROBOT & FRANK and COP CAR.
- Cameron Cubbison, ScreenCraft co-founder, development executive and professional screenplay reader for such companies as Lionsgate, Open Road Films, Sundance Institute, Paradigm Talent Agency and more.
Apply for this incredible program before the final deadline on February 10th!
Why China? See the recent blog post of the rise of the Chinese film industry and the growing relationship with Hollywood.
ScreenCraft is a screenwriting talent discovery platform dedicated to helping screenwriters and filmmakers succeed in the complex and rapidly changing entertainment industry. Click here a full list of ScreenCraft programs and writing competitions.