services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WJLA, ABC 7 is seeking an aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time Assignment Editor.
District of Columbia
|Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Gathering news affecting the community
· Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
· Assisting in the efficient operation of the assignment desk
|Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
· Minimum of two years of assignment desk experience
· Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
· General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
A Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism is also preferred. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/