The Digital Media Videographer/Editor will be responsible for developing and producing broadcast quality footage for digital and electronic formats in support of institute-wide research initiatives.
The Digital Media Videographer/Editor will successfully work with researchers and administrative staff to ensure broadcast quality standards are met when producing, editing and sharing digital content for media releases, website pieces, presentations, etc. This position will require the ability to lift, move and handle technical equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
In accordance with university policy for all non-student positions, this position will require a conviction check.
- BS in communications or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated high level of experience and proficiency with Video and Editing products such as Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Elements
- Ability to maintain equipment and troubleshoot issues
- Experience with digital and broadcast quality video shooting, lighting, audio and editing techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of the publication process, including content development, editing, design, production, and distribution
- Must be able to work as a member of a team, independently work under tight deadlines, and assume responsibility for accurate completion of assignments.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines with little to no supervision
- Strong organizational documentation, archiving and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to lift, move and handle technical equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
Requires ability to lift, move and handle technical equipment weighing up to 25 lbs.
How to Apply for this Job:
To apply for this position, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting number SW0171007. Applications will be accepted until January 17, 2018. Applicants should include portfolio of work to date with application materials. Those best meeting the qualifications for the position will be contacted directly. For more information on BI, please visit us at www.bi.vt.edu.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year
Percent Employment: Full-time
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Department: Biocomplexity Institute
Location Zip Code: 24061
Work Schedule: M-F; 8-5
Review Begin Date: 01/18/2018
Job Close Date: 01/17/2018
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Online App. Form:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.