Zayas Hendrick Mediaworks is in search of a video editor/shooter for a potential 6 month stint with a government agency – could grow to 1 year. Anyone interested send resume, salary requirements and link to your reel or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org – no calls please. The gig will be on site in Gaithersburg, all gear will be provided. The requirements are as follows;
Requirements: The Video Editor/Shooter shall be an energetic and creative individual who loves to work on science-based video content. In correlation with producers and directors, the Video Editor/Shooter shall create engaging short-form videos, in-depth mini features, two-minute history fun fact videos, etc.
The Video Editor/Shooter shall routinely perform the following daily duties:
- Edit videos (with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro) to create scientifically accurate stories based on supplied scripts and infuse the edited video with appropriate emotional tone and flow. Rhythm and pacing shall be accomplished with the use of sound, music and other elements to achieve a compelling and creative product.
- Work with producers and directors to create timely short-form video packages.
- Curate footage, edit and color-correct videos.
- Work within established graphic templates in AfterEffects to create diagrams, simple animations, openings, titles, bugs
- Research and acquire video elements such as stock footage, graphics, photos, voice-overs, music, etc.
- Juggle tight deadlines throughout the day, handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Shoot video with DSLR cameras, as needed.
- Troubleshoot any technical issues encountered.
- 3-5 yrs. of video editing experience in a creative, client-based environment
- 1-yr. of video production experience
- Proficient with video editing applications such as: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro and AfterEffects
- Knowledge of computers and software, with an ability to troubleshoot basic problems
- Proficiency in Mac computers
- Strong working knowledge of video codecs and compression techniques
- An ability and passion for using videos to tell compelling stories