Producer, General Assignment
Department: NewsHour Productions, LLC
Supervisor: Senior Producer, Field Segments
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Producer, General Assignment will manage and plan production and delivery of high quality, innovative content on a wide variety of topics both on television and online for the PBS NewsHour in collaboration with senior production team and Executive Producer.
- Manage, plan and produce news and feature content for nightly broadcast and digital associated platforms.
- Generate story ideas.
- Research and arrange interviews.
- Coordinate and field produce shoots.
- Conduct occasional on-camera interviews.
- Acquire, screen, and log footage.
- Oversee editing of stories for air.
- Contribute and support production of online content.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge in national and international news production management for daily, 24/7 or weekly television and digital outlets, including breaking news and feature story telling.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the field and in studio production of news, preferably for a daily, 24/7 or weekly outlet.
- Exceptional creative, verbal and writing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of broadcast video production.
- Shooting and non-linear editing experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and adjust smoothly to changing assignments.
- Knowledge of and ability to use content management systems and web publishing.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in a collaborative manner under deadline.
- Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience working in broadcast journalism, preferably for a national outlet.
- Or equivalent combination of training and experience.
To apply, click here