Coordinating Producer, STEM Student Reporting Labs
PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs is looking for a Coordinating Producer to oversee video content for Labs that are part of a STEM journalism initiative. You will coordinate with teachers, students, researchers and other public media stations to implement curriculum and produce broadcast-quality content. If you have an understanding of STEM subjects and a passion for teaching journalism, they want to hear from you.
As our Coordinating Producer, you will:
- Manage the workflow of 30 classroom programs around the county (travel is required).
- Teach students how to identify, write and produce a story.
- Use your network to identify inspiring and diverse STEM practitioners to mentor students.
- Ensure a positive experience, growth and success in the program.
- Experience producing science journalism video stories.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and still meet deadlines.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues.
- A passion for science learning, journalism, education and public broadcasting.
- Exceptional news judgement and first-rate script-writing/storytelling skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- 403(b)/Roth and outstanding company match program
- Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement and loans
For a full job description or to apply through their online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit their websites for their current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.