What They’re Looking For:
**Cover Letter Required**
The Video Associate Producer works closely with other members of the Video Team and university faculty to manage on-set video production in the mission to deliver a series of content-rich academic videos. The challenges of the position are logistical, require great attention to detail, a keen ability to generate accurate documentation, and the ability to operate within a system of many moving parts with grace and confidence. A successful video associate producer will manage all of these demands while putting our ultimate goal first and foremost – creating dynamic content while ensuring an excellent faculty experience.
This position is based in Arlington, VA.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Reporting to the Vice President of Video Production, the Video Associate Producer supports a team of Video Producers in all aspects of production as needed.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- providing on-set and pre-production support for Arlington team of video producers
- maintaining an accurate video production log (i.e. shot list, editor notes, timecode) while producing studio and field production often during long days
- hosting faculty during their studio intensive experience via one-on-one client interaction
- establishing genuine relationships in a short period of time
- assisting on special projects
- communicating effectively and efficiently between various stakeholders in a larger production process
- interfacing directly with faculty, other 2U teams, and our vendors to manage expectations and cater to faculty needs
- engaging in creative problem solving
- consistently meet individual goals while navigating your role within a larger team
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- 2+ years of professional production
- Familiarity with using technology; Google Docs, basic video editing, and general web-savvy
- An ability to multi-task and quickly move from one project to the next
- An ability to quickly review and apply information
- Fundamental understanding of video production and post production
- A keen eye and ear for identifying client wants and needs
- Proven ability to exercise sound decision making in a fast-paced environment
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Project management experience
- Experience working with high-profile clients and putting them at ease with new processes
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs. Our Platform, a fusion services and technology, enables schools to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students around the world. Their company culture is united by their No Back Row® philosophy; the idea that when we each lean in and do our part, we are better individually and collectively.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, they are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. They strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. They work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
Unlimited snacks and drinks
Generous paid leave policies
Tuition reimbursement program
Spontaneous dance parties
No Asshole policy
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
Application Link: https://careers-2u.icims.com/jobs/3777/video-associate-producer/job