News Assistant, Foreign Affairs
Department: NewsHour Productions, LLC
Supervisor: Broadcast Producer
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, 1 year
The News Assistant program is designed to give recent college graduates practical experience in a broadcast news setting. During their tenure, News Assistants are exposed to all aspects of producing a nightly television news program. Over the course of the program, the Foreign Affairs News Assistant may assist the Foreign Affairs team with research, pre-interviews, guest booking, transcriptions, field shoots and tape production.
- Researching stories and potential interview subjects.
- Pre-interviewing potential guests.
- Booking guests for daily show production.
- Accompanying producers on field shoots.
- Assisting producers with tape production in the edit room.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Demonstrated interest in journalism and/or television production.
- Professional phone manner and solid administrative skills.
- Strong work ethic and effective time management.
- Knowledge of PBS NewsHour‘s journalistic style.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in a broadcast news setting preferred.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, please click here.