If you are a director, producer, actor, or other creative looking to break into the industry or be inspired by industry veterans, the FLOW Collective is not to be missed!
The FLOW Collective. New this year, RIFF (The Richmond International Film Festival) expands to bring a one-day industry conference, the FLOW Collective. FLOW is a creative conference that includes engaging presentations from film industry professionals, prominent artists, and heads of industry, along with creative think tanks and breakout sessions incorporating the concept of flow in film and a variety of creative disciplines.
WHEN: Saturday, Feb 28th 11:00am-6:00pm. The day begins with the 11:00am FLOW Talks at the Byrd Theatre, which are 8-9 minute inspirational talks from experts in the following fields: film, television, advertising, sports, journalism, radio, environmental activism, meditation, business development, and more. The FLOW Talks are followed by panels, creative think tanks, breakout sessions, and roundtable discussions at the Visual Arts Center from 1:15-6:00pm spearheaded by industry experts.
- 11:00am-12:45pm: FLOW Talks at the historic Byrd Theatre, Saturday, Feb 28th. Designed to inspire & give insight into how to engage in a state of creative flow.
- 12:45-1:15pm: Break
- 1:15-2:00pm: Creative Think Tank & Interactive Panel: Engage with special guest FLOW Speakers
- 2:00-3:00pm: Group A) Story Development, Indie Financing & Latest Trends in Film, Television, and New Media B) The Creative Essentials: Bring Your Work & Get Advice from the Pros (Portfolios, Shorts, Reels, etc.)
- 3:00-4:00pm: Acting: Making it to the Silver Screen from the Director/Producer Perspective B) The Business Essentials: Bring Your Work & Get Advice from the Pros (Portfolios, Shorts, Reels, etc.)
- 4:00-5:00pm: Story Development: Round Table Discussion & Writing Pitch Session
- 5:00-6:00pm: The Latest Trends in Marketing & Audience Engagement for Film, Advertising & New Media
- 6:00pm: FLOW Collective concludes
COST: $75 General Public / $65 VPA Members
DEADLINE: The deadline to register with the VPA discount is this Saturday, Feb 21st. To redeem the $65 VPA rate, enter the following code at check out: vpariff5
PURCHASE TICKETS: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1178965 (Space is limited, advance tickets prior to Feb 21 highly encouraged)
RIFF brings 120+ international film screenings, industry panels, Q&As, live musical performances, red carpet awards, the first annual creative, FLOW Collective, and entertainment mixers that bring the spirit of Hollywood to beautiful Richmond, Virginia at the Virginia Historical Society, Bow Tie Movieland Criterion Cinemas, and the historic Byrd Theatre.
For more on RIFF, please visit the website at www.RVAfilmfestival.com