2013, 2:00 pm (Doors open at 1:30 pm)
June 22nd The Byrd Theare, Richmond VA
Fragile Bodies is a small showcase of some of Richmond’s emerging independent filmmakers. The work chosen shares a unifying theme of adolescence and fragility in the early stages of defining the self. The pieces shown include Amateur Function by Egbert Vongmailathong, (introversion, intuition, feeling, perception) Personality Disorder by Gray Cherisse, Ghost Motion by Chandler Honeycutt and Matthew Thompson, The Cut by Allyn Smith, and Lilies by Ariel
A video about the process of growth and social rituals discussed through playful gestures.
(introversion, intuition, feeling, perception) Personality Disorder
Through revisiting and recreating moments from the artist’s childhood, this video explores the performative sexual expectations imprinted upon females in their adolescence, and the conflict between exploration and validation that arises.
When a young girl is given the chance to escape her dead-end life, the weight of the choice between the broken remains of her family and the unknown weighs heavily on her tired heart.
Rejection from the athletic community in a suburban high school causes a closeted biracial basketball player to seek comfort in a sexual relationship with an older man he meets online.
In this coming of age story, high school senior Lily has a profound love affair with Kiersyn, a socialite cheerleader. Their relationship is kept under the radar of high school gossip, but things start to unravel when their intimate moments are penetrated by the gaze of an intruder.
A $500 scholarship awarded to one rising or graduated high school senior who is planning to pursue a career in film (i.e. film, screenwriting, directing, etc.…)
LOL Films established this scholarship in 2011 in memory of writer, actor, and friend Scott Winters, who wrote the screenplay for the film “Lake Effects” which is currently on Hallmark. Scott lost his battle with cancer in July 2011. The Fund has been founded to carry on the passion and talent for filmmaking that Scott embodied. The scholarship will be awarded annually to provide an opportunity to a young filmmaker with a dream.
- Up to 1500 words
- Written in Times New Roman size twelve font
- Double spaced
- Have the student’s last name and page number on each page
Imagine that you are a well-known producer and have the opportunity to seriously influence or impact the area, or community, in which you’re working, those who view your film, and/or those who witness your process. This impact could potentially have a global effect. What difference would you want to make? What message would you want to get across? What would you do and how would you do it? Etc.… Keep in mind the Life Out Loud Films motto: D.A.R.E. (Dream, Act, Risk, Embrace).
Essays and student information, found below, should be attached in one attachment to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 12, 2013.
Intended College or University:
Why do you want to pursue a career in film?
What area do you intend to focus on? (narrative, documentary, fiction, non-fiction, etc.)
List any experience you have in film and creative arts (past, present, or future plans).
All positions are UNPAID but the production will provide food, copy and credit. Tentative shoot dates are Friday, June 28, Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30.
- Camera Operator: operate camera during production. In charge of all equipment regarding the camera. Need to be familiar with Canon Rebel T2i and Magic Lantern firmware.
- Camera Assistants (2): one assistant to slate each take and download all media from camera and sound recorder. One assistant to pull focus.
- Sound: Operate the Zoom H4n recorder and boom.
- Production Assistants: assist with the production on various levels.
No experience is necessary for any of the positions except camera operator. They just ask you have a passion to work on films, be involved, take initiative, think on your feet and a willingness to learn.
Send an email to email@example.com for further details about the project. Please provide in the subject line in caps what position you would like to work. Example subject line “Crew Call for Happy Anniversary – SOUND”
Light House Studio, an educational non-profit located in Charlottesville, VA, is looking for actors to work with its award winning filmmaking workshops for the month of July. Actors would work with student filmmakers to produce short films and music videos that will be entered in festivals all around the world. They are looking for actors of all types and levels of experience who are willing to work with student filmmakers and their mentors in order to create these films.
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing a recent headshot and resume with past experience, and please include your location.
For more information, visit http://lighthousestudio.org/
Here are just a few of the awards winning films from Light House students:
Sarah White — “Last of May” (music video)
“Better than Baghdad” (documentary)
Awards won by Light House students: a Peabody Award, the Bronze World Medal in the New York Festivals Film Fest, the Gold World Medal in the New York International Festival Television and Film Awards, the Golden Cine Eagle Award, and many more.
In HABEAS CORPUS, a man who can’t get over the death of his father steals his body from the funeral home.
This is an opportunity to appear in a short film that will feature actors from television’s top rated and most critically acclaimed shows. HABEAS CORPUS is being produced and directed by professional faculty from Regent University, and the production team includes several professionals as well. It will be submitted to national and international festivals, including Sundance. This is a fantastic opportunity for networking and exposure.
Wednesday, June 12th 5:00pm
Regent University Communications Building
Please call or email to secure a time slot
- Ray Senior: Male; African-American; 60-70s
- Lily: Female; African-American; 20s-30s; Beautiful
July 10th – 13th, 2013
Regent University Pictures
Asst. to the Director
*They are making the film under the SAG Short Film Agreement.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: 0:30-10 minute Narratives, Documentaries, Music Videos, Animations, and Experimental films!
Judging will be based on your skill level of storytelling, cinematography, editing, and sound/soundtrack. Please make sure you pay attention to these criteria and perfect these areas, this will determine your final score. There will be a Best Picture in both Student and 19+ Categories. Best picture will win the grand prize of a one year membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, On Location, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Encore, Flash, Audition, and more!). We also have great prizes for our other categories including Final Draft 8,Lynda.com year membership, Magic Bullet Software, and Pond5.com gift certificates.
Registration For Submissions:
$45 Postmarked by July 2nd
Mail To: P.O. Box 77 Clifton, VA 20124 on a DVD.
Fest Location: 9601 Ox Road Lorton, VA 22079
www.cliftonfilmfest.com for more info and registration form!
Sunday, July 14th, 2013
Virginia Screenwriters Forum Readings, 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at CenterStage in the Gottwald Playhouse, 600 East Grace Street, Richmond. Three 30-minute screenplay table read performances presented by the Virginia Screenwriters Forum Actor’s Ensemble, comprised of some of Richmond’s finest actors, bring writer’s original and award-winning pages to life. Free but reservations required. To reserve your seat call 804-288-2858, M-F, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. www.virginiascreenwritersforum.org
This event is one of four in a series of table read performances at CenterStage sponsored by the Virginia Film Office and the Virginia Production Alliance with support from CenterStage to educate the general public about film resources available in Virginia.
Iron Triangle Films is now accepting online submissions for our newest project called “Universal Mirror”. Production will begin shooting early in July for a few days. This is an online casting call, and they will be holding call back auditions on or around June 22nd. These are currently unpaid roles.
They are casting:
- Females age: 18-30
- Males age: 37-55
All serious inquiries are encouraged to submit Resume, Headshot, and Full Body shot via email to: email@example.com.
Selected Individuals will be contacted for an audition.
Anne Chapman Casting and VCUarts Cinema are seeking actors for the 2013 VCUarts Cinema Summer Intensive films ON OUR OWN, STONES ON THE WATER & DINNER WITH CLARENCE, which will be shot on 35mm in and around Richmond, Virginia. SAG actors welcome. Please send head-shots and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include role(s) you are submitting for in subject line. Include shoot date availability and your travel distance to Richmond. The auditions will be held in Richmond, Virginia, June 14th & 15th. Auditions will include reading from sides and a 1 minute monologue. Thank you in advance for your submission. Submitting does not guarantee an audition, you will be contacted with the audition time and location if selected.
Seeking the following principal roles:
DINNER WITH CLARANCE
Shoot Dates: June 24th-26th, 2013
- CLARANCE – Caucasian Male, early 60s: Retired Cop, still mourning the accidental death of his wife 5 years ago. His inability to move forward has destroyed his relationship with his only child, Michael. Injured in the accident Clarance retired early and has become addicted to painkillers. He is a good man, lost in grief, lonely and longing for a purpose. His drug abuse keeps Clarance from achieving any sort of change. $100 a day.
- ELEANOR – Caucasian Female, late 50s: Attractive, capable, friendly, used to taking care of herself. Eleanor has just moved into the apartment next door to Clarance with her granddaughter, Lucy. Eleanor has full custody of her granddaughter. Eleanor’s son, Jason is a drug addict who has let her down time and again. Eleanor wants nothing more than to see Lucy grow up happy and healthy. Hesitant to fully trust people because of her past experiences, but desperately in search of a friend. $100 a day.
- LUCY – Caucasian female, 5-10 yrs. old: Her smile can light up any room, a ball of energy and happiness. A budding artist who loves to dance. She does not understand everything going on with her father. She loves him but is afraid of him, and is happy to be living with her grandmother. $50 a day.
- JASON – Caucasian male, late 20s: Eleanor’s son. Irresponsible and childlike. 10 years of drug abuse have taken a toll. Grew up in a loving home with every advantage but has become tragically lost in a life threatening battle with drugs. At this point he is a strung out shadow of his former self. Jason loves Lucy, but is incapable of caring for her. He has been putting his mother through hell for years and she has finally had enough. $50 a day.
- DOCTOR (ED) – Any Ethnicity Male, early 40s. A doctor of questionable ethics, he deals illegitimate scripts for drugs to his “patients”. Years ago he had a run-in with Clarance, who didn’t have enough to bust him. Now, many years later, Clarance goes to Ed for his own medication. $50 a day.
ON OUR OWN
Shoot Dates: Week of June 18th-20th, 2013
- MIRANDA - Caucasian Woman, early 20s: Strong, driven young woman who is thrust into responsibility due to her father’s illness. She is willing to do anything for him. A capable hunter with a bow and arrow. Hunting and foraging are part of her routine every day. Miranda is smart, savvy, athletic, adaptable, brave and determined. Her circumstances from the world changing “Incident” lead her into situations formerly unthinkable. Must be willing to appear in a bathing suit. $100 per day.
- JAMES – Caucasian Male, 40s: Miranda’s father. A survivalist by nature. Stubborn and disillusioned. Radiation sickness from the “Incident” has taken a toll on him. He is unwilling to seek help, he would prefer to die alone in the woods. He trusts his daughter and her ability to survive. $50 per day.
- SOLSMAN - Any Ethnicity Male, 55-65 yrs. old: A smart, hulking, threatening, manipulator. Injured in the “Incident” and unable to fend for himself. His charismatic personality enables him to lure others into providing for him. A psychopath out for himself at any cost. $100 per day.
- WOMEN OF THE CAMP – Any Ethnicity Females, 20s-40s yrs old: Starving and strung out. Solsman keeps them drugged up as a means of control. Vulnerable and under the illusion that Solsman provides for them and that they could not survive without him. Lost souls. $50 per day.
STONES ON THE WATER
Tentative Shoot Dates: June 28th, June 29th & July 1st, 2013
- JEAN – Caucasian Female, 21yrs. old: An upper middle class, rising Junior at an all-women’s college in 1920 Virginia. Confident, dominating and perceptive. Having grown up during the sadness of the 1st World War, she is enjoying every part of the roaring 20s. Jean is harboring feelings for her classmate, Evelyn. Not sure how to process these feelings she must choose to act on them or surpress them. Her older, roommate Therese is wise to Jean’s feelings towards Evelyn and advises her not to pursue Evelyn. $100 per day.
- EVELYN – Caucasian Female, 21yrs. old: A wealthy, debutante, who is a rising Junior at an all-women’s college in 1920 Virginia. A serial monogamist and party girl who has just ended the latest in a string of problematic relationships. Always attracted to the “bad boy”. While she appears ditzy and superficial to most, in fact, she is entirely self-aware. She is at college to find a husband and her family expects her to find a proper match, which Eveyln can find very boring. $100 per day.
- THERESE – Caucasian Female, mid 20s: The resident hall sister and graduate student at an all-women’s college in 1920 Virginia. Roommate to Jean. Slightly cynical with a dry, sarcastic wit. Seemingly unaffected by the new ideas of the ’20s, Therese actually looks down on the drinking and wanton dating that the under graduates embrace. An authority figure who often attempts to be the voice reason. $100 per day.
- CHARLIE KELLNER - Caucasian Male, 21yrs. old: Doting, kind and slightly boring. Did not have to serve in the war due to a health issue. A nice boy that any mother would love her daughter to date. Evelyn tries to repair her reputation by dating Charlie. Too sweet for his own good. $50 per day.
Special guest speaker for the Richmond General Meeting on Monday, June 24th is Modelogic President Stacie Vanchieri!
Originally from New York, Stacie Vanchieri moved to Richmond, Virginia in 1988. After working as an advertising photographer, and briefly in a small local talent agency, she opened her own shop in 1993 called Modelogic, Inc. Since then, Modelogic has grown to become the premiere agency in Virginia, representing talent for local, regional and national work, both print and broadcast. In 2005, Modelogic joined worldwide agency Wilhelmina as a partner and became Modelogic Wilhelmina, expanding the company to reach the NY, LA and Miami markets. Most recently, Stacie opened Modelogic Midwest in Chicago to service the print and commercial ad community there.
The General Meeting will be held at ArtWorks (320 Hull Street, Richmond, VA 23224) in the Center Gallery; light refreshments and drinks 6:00-6:30pm, meeting 6:30-6:45 and Stacie’s presentation and Q&A 6:45-8:00. Free for VPA members, $5 for non-members.
For additional information please email Shannon at email@example.com.
Silver Streak Media is creating a video to market a Functional Exercise Machine and they are looking for one male and one female fitness model for a full day shoot. The exact date is not set but the shoot will take place in either June or July in Charlottesville, VA.
Please email full body shot photos, contact info, and experience to Mike@silverstreakmedia.com
VCUarts Cinema Seeks Extras for Short Film, “Prima Donna”
Shoot Dates: June 10th – 13th
These are unpaid positions. Extras will be credited and will be fed for the day(s) they work.
Featured Background and Extras Needed:
MEN AND WOMEN, SPECIFICALLY AGES 18 – 23
- Singers, ages 18 – 23
- Stage Crew, ages 18 – 23
- Paramedics, ages 18 and up
Please send a headshot, resume, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. The header should read: PRIMA DONNA – EXTRAS. Please include any opera or any singing experience you may have.
The Blue Lake Movie Project is casting a male actor (18-22) to play the part of Christopher in an independent feature length horror movie being filmed in Spring Grove, VA. The movie will be filmed during the full moon: July 19th – 25th and August 19th – 23rd (inclusive). This is an unpaid part, but offers the chance to work with some seasoned professionals; as well as new comers to the movie industry.
- Christopher: A heavyset blonde is the newest member of a group of friends headed off for a weekend in the woods. To most he seems a little slow and much too polite, but once he’s made a friend – it’s for life.
More information is available at www.bluelakemovie.com - headshots and resumes can be sent to email@example.com
A short thriller set in one-location, a Washington, D.C. suburb (shot in Richmond) of a 30-something married couple with more issues than meets the eye that collide on one eventful night. UNPAID but the production will provide food, copy and credit.
Location: 10 Westover Hills Blvd, Richmond, VA 23225 (Adjacent to Midlothian Turnpike, you’ll see a large white sign with blue letters that read “AUTOPLUS“)
AUDITION DATE: Saturday, June 8 from 1:00pm – 5:00pm
TENTATIVE SHOOT DATES: Saturday, June 29th and Sunday, June 30th
Time: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
AUDITIONS BEGIN AT 1PM AND TALENT WILL BE SEEN ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVE BASIS. They will provide audition sides, just show up with a Headshot/Resume.
- LISA - Early 20′s, attractive female. Wild, often in trouble, magnet for the wrong type of guys.
- DEBBIE – Early 20′s, Lisa’s best friend. Very quiet, conservative. Tries to keep Lisa out of trouble, but instead, Lisa most often, Lisa drags her along.
- MELISSA HILL - 30s, married, female. She has an unthreatening look and is easy on the eyes but a dark inner soul.
- MARK HILL – 30s, married, male. He’s an unfaithful, alcoholic that was the cause of a car accident that resulted in a miscarriage from his wife.
- JENNY SUMMERS – 20s, female. She’s the “other” girl that had an affair with Mark Hill and became pregnant.
- OFFICER DAILY – 40s, police officer. Experienced, older officer with control over situation as it escalates.
- OFFICER ARLIN - 20s, police officer. Inexperienced, new on the force.
NO APPOINTMENTS NECESSARY BUT RSVP ENCOURAGED. RSVP with your headshot & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the CHARACTER NAME in the Subject line along with “THRILLER SHORT” (i.e. “Melissa – Thriller Short”)
For further details send an email to Jabari at email@example.com.
Looking for babies and 3 year olds to portray Caroline Kennedy & John Jr. in KILLING KENNEDY (in movie terms: Rob Lowe & Ginnifer Goodwin’s kids). Plenty of background roles for adults too.
Send in your electronic submission now! They start shooting soon! All details here on their casting notice blog: http://www.ericaarvoldcasting.com/news/